Things are almost finished with the partscaster.
Here's the body with 6 coats of tung oil, the shielding, and the studs for the floating bridge installed. Looks pretty good doesn't it?
Here's the headstock with my little logo. It was dark when I applied it and I couldn't see as well as I would have liked in the garage... so it is a little crooked and there is a cat hair underneath it. Oh well.
I had a few pieces of exotic woods sitting in the garage that I've been waiting to use for something for over 20 years... so I cut a truss rod cover from a piece of stripped ebony. I don't have the proper tools so the line isn't quite even but I like the rustic look. I put one coat of tung oil on it.
and here it is with everything assembled...
which leads us to the almost part... I plugged it in and there is a problem with the fancy switch I added. It splits the bridge pickup when you combine that pickup with the single coils so 4 of 5 of the pickup selections are humbucking. Well, it is splitting the pickup but to the wrong coils so I have single coil hum in two positions that should be hum free. I'm trying to find out which wires to move so that it will work correctly and then we'll be set to go. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have an answer and maybe have it ready to play in church in the morning.