Saturday, March 17, 2007

great fun

I hate those e-mails that go round and round. generally, if I get something that is obviously a forward of one of those, I delete it without even looking at it. Somehow I looked at this one and it was so much fun I'm putting it here:

Some people build swimming pools in their back yards. But outdoor pools in Alaska just won't work.

Since this particular family lives on the outskirts of Anchorage, they decided to build a sturdy, colorful playground for their 3 and 4 year old sons, with smooth-stone gravel all around it to avoid knee scrapes and other injuries.

They finished building it on Saturday evening, and the following morning, as the Mom was about to wake up the boys and have them go out to play in their new play center, this is what she saw from the upstairs window:










I guess the boys stayed inside...

No comments: