Saturday, March 17, 2007

the finger

As I sit here on St Paddy's day, for some reason it feels appropriate to give an update on the finger just in case any of you care. Actually, it doesn't matter whether you care. It helps me so here it is.

It's coming along. Last Tuesday I saw the therapist (not covered by my ridiculously expensive insurance) who gave some exercises and an appliancy thing that I wear about 4 times a day for about 10 minutes each. She did some measurements and looked at things, was very gentle and seemed optimistic that it would work out fine.

So each day I do the painful exercises, put on the appliance thing (which doesn't hurt until I take it off and I have it on right now), and play some guitar. It is getting better, moving further, and hurting less. I even have this strange little hope that because of the attention and exercises that when I'm done, I'll actually have better Independence of my fingers and play better than before. Wouldn't that be cool!

In the meantime,
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to hear Roy. Glad your guitar is getting some playing!

Suzanna said...

Good for you! The body has amazing capacity to heal and/or adapt! My son Joel had to wear that same appliance.
He just released his new CD with his band Francisco the Man. He wants me to design the album cover for the new one they're starting to record next month.
Give a listen here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=135864282

he wrote and sings "In So Many Words"

happy day, Roy