Tuesday, February 07, 2006

his royal highness

Ok... I'm a big Prince fan. The man is a genius and an amazing player. Yeah, there is lots of filler material on most of his records but he still has an amazing body of work and his live performances are supposed to be astounding. I've never seen him live but if the tv performances that I've seen are any indication, there isn't a better show out there. If you didn't catch him on SNL this past Saturday you can see the clip. here!
Compare that performance with the drivel of the Rolling Stones at halftime on the superbowl. my, my, my

3 comments:

Dave Miller said...

Thanks Roy, I saw Prince in concert in Los Angeles last year. What a great concert it was. He truly is a gifted entertainer although many of our fellow church leaders might be aghast at out enjoyment of him.

roy said...

I'm jealous Dave!

billy said...

Agree with you Roy. Brilliant musician and fabulous performer. Unbelievable guitar player. Caught the second half of the grammy's this year. Pretty blah. Made me wish that they brought him back. He gave one of the best Grammy performances I have ever seen last year. Can't understand after the Superbowl how the Stones managed to gross 150 mil in concert tickets last year. Not a great live show.