Sunday, February 05, 2006

Go Steelers

This week I realized that I last lived in Pittsburgh in 1973! Why is it that this place that I did not spend he majority of my life have such an impact on who I am? Obviously, I was formed there... and our formation is critical for our entire life.

So what were the pieces? growing up in a blue collar city in a blue collar family... hearing the news about Viet Namn on the news every evening... being faced with the struggle for civil rights in my neighborhood... knowing that the churches - and indirectly, God - cared because they reached out to us kids who very eaily could have been lost to the streets...

So the atmosphere in which we raise our children - the community, the church, our homes - will have an impact that will mark them for their entire lives...

Go Steelers!

No comments: