Tuesday, April 15, 2008

angry renters

I have to say that I am ambivalent about the housing crisis. I certainly don' want to see folk losing their homes. I know that there were some predatory lending practices going on. I know that the tanking of the economy just made the entire mess worse. And I know that the ripples from the housing crisis effect all of the economy.

Still, nobody forced people to purchase homes that they couldn't afford. People need to be responsible for their decisions... as do financial institutions. Both bet that the market would climb forever and it didn't.

Below is a short video from a group called angry renters that makes a strong argument. I know it is over-simplified and I see many/all of the complexities of the issue. What do you think? Where does responsibility lie and what can/should be done?

No comments: