the blogosphere is a funny place. I find amazing information and insights. I also waste time that could be used in constructive ways. Most of all, it widens my community. Sometimes that is through substantive dialogue but sometimes it is in smaller silly ways that I think are still important. Getting tagged is one of those. Bob Cornwall tagged me. I see it as an affirmation of our friendship. Thanks Bob.
The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. Ten years ago I was doing . . .
I was living in Albany, NY and pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church. Emmanuel is a great church and that community was very important in my own formation. A fun piece that was going on 10 years ago was that I was doig a music project with my daughter Alexis. We quickly figured out that people were going to see her, not me, and we became Alexis d.
2. 5 Things on Today's To Do List
attend a luncheon with the Coastal Housing Coalition and meet the new director, Debbie Cox Bultan
finish planning worship for Sunday
rehearse with the church band
spend some quality time with my wife
practice some guitar
3. Things I'd do if I were a billionare
This is a difficult question as I think being wealthy is much more difficult and dangerous than being poor with middle class... in the middle. The first thing I'd do would be a bit selfish... I'd purchase a house here in Santa Barbara. The lion's share of the money would go into a foundation that if I was choosing today, would be used to help leverage change in Santa Barbara to relieve the housing crisis we have here. Other posibilities might be education, musical instruments for poor children... I'd give a significant amount to Juniata College. And to be really selfish, I'd probably pick up a few amazing guitars and amps.
4. 3 Bad Habits
too much time on the web
watch more tv than I should
don't always finish what I start
5. Five Places I've lived
Santa Barbara, CA
Three Springs, PA
6. Five Jobs I've had in life:
deli counter guy
7. Tagged Ones