Sunday, May 28, 2006

the weekend from hell

this morning, I got up, printed out my sermon, was getting ready to do my outline (my normal proceedure on Sunday mornings) and I got this pain in my abdomen on the left side. It kept getting worse and worse. I broke out in a cold sweat and could barely stand... it all brought back some very unpleasant memories. In my early twenties I passed kidney stones on two occassions.

So off we went to the ER and sure enough, that is the problem. After a number of shots of some serious pain killers the pain dropped from a 10 to a 1 or 2. Since then I've been in bed or leaning over the porcelan god and tonight I'm supposed to fly...

My cynical imagination says things could get worse but I sure hope they don't.

1 comment:

Dennis E. McFadden said...

Roy,

We will be praying for you this week as (I presume) you will be dealing with your father's service. May the Lord give you release from the pain -- whether supernaturally or though the good ministrations of your physician.
"Serious pain killers" come in real handy when we are in serious pain.