Saturday, April 08, 2006

too much

it's been a while since I've gotten anything posted... there has been too much going on.

We were back in Pittsburgh visiting family. Both of my parents have been admitted into hospice with emphysema. They both looked very frail. It was a good visit, holy time, and lots of good things were said. Still, there were things that couldn't be spoken, like the fact that it was probably the last time that I would see at least one of them alive. We returned to SB on Weds. and I still haven't processed everything.

2 comments:

Jon Reid said...

Wow. We all go there someday (I haven't yet), but what a time.
++ be with Roy in and through it ++

Dennis E. McFadden said...

Roy,

Good to have you back, bro. I've missed you. Having already buried one father, one father-in-law, and one mother-in-law, I can identify with some of what you must be feeling. You will be in my prayers.

Dennis