Thursday, November 03, 2005

tele... GAS relieved?




well... the tele arrived and it is beautiful... much prettier than the photos I posted before indicated (as you can see).


The neck is large but not uncomfortable. The frets are a little smaller than I expected. I'll need to live with it a bit. I could end up swapping off the neck... The guitar is very lively acoustically which bodes well for the sound but that makes me wary of changing anything. The pickups are very different from what I'm used to but fit my ear much better than the ones in the red guitar did.



And here is a photo of the entire guitar.

We'll see to what degree it relieves my GAS... and for how long...

For any gear heads out there, the body is 2 piece alder with a flamed maple top and the neck is all maple with a little bit of flame on the back with a substantial boat profile. Body and neck came from USA Custom Guitars The pups are Fralin blues with a baseplate on the bridge pickup. The guitar weighs about 8 lbs.

No comments: