Tuesday, September 14, 2010

too much

It has been a while since I've posted to my blog. It hasn't been because I had nothing to say. Actually, I've had too much... and wasn't quite sure how to say it.

I wanted to write about Glenn Beck and how his connection with right wing Christians puzzles me when he is a Mormon. I wasn't sure how to say that without sounding like a religious bigot so I didn't finish the post.

Then I wanted to write about the Koran and a crazy who certainly got his 15 minutes of fame by threatening to burn Korans. I didn't want to give him any more attention than he was already getting... Just one piece I was going to say - many Americans see the Koran as being parallel to the Bible, a book that tells us about God's self-revelation. That is not a good analogy. Actually, as I understand it, the Koran is more parallel to Jesus than to the Bible as it is the revelation of God, not a book that points to that revelation. So burning Korans is not the same as burning any other book.

And I wanted to write about 9/11. I've been reading some of the 9/11 Truth stuff and I have to admit that I find at least some f the arguments pretty convincing that, at the very least, we are not getting the whole story. In my very core, I don't want to believe that my own government had anything to do with the horrors of that day but I wonder... and it makes me really, really depressed. So, I didn't write about that because I was afraid that some folk would think I'm crazy... and that if I wrote it down, I'd need to look more carefully and maybe make a decision about it.

So... no posts... but later today I'll write about the Cambridge Drive Concert Series. and that excites me!

1 comment:

Bev Barnett said...

I know the feeling. I finally got a post up today on our blog, about the everyday heroes of the San Bruno gas explosion and fire.

Can't wait for the Concert series post, I'm excited about that one too!