Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Paris

Let me begin by saying I am anything but a fan of Paris Hilton. She is the caricature of a spoiled little rich girl with way too much money and way too little sense... everything vacuous. Well the other day, one of my guitar students was showing me a video online of a song that he wants to learn (Love Like Winter by AFI) and I saw that Paris Hilton released a recording and a video this past summer (shows you how in touch I am with such things). I watched the video. I was hoping that it would be terrible but the truth is that money can buy lots of things and quality is one. They obviously hired good musicians and a good director. The song is a nice light poppy thing with a reggae rhythm and the video is well done.

Does she have talent? I wouldn't go that far but she does have enough money to make up for what she lacks. I almost put the video here but I couldn't bring myself to do that. So, if you want to watch it, you'll have to google it.

No comments: