Thursday, September 22, 2005

Everything sings


As you see in my profile, I'm a guitar player... These days I play a lot more electric than acoustic. They really are two different instruments - the difference being similar to the difference between an organ and a piano. The touch, the response, the voicings, the vocabulary... they're all different. Some folk compare an electric guitar to a horn or a horn section while the acoustic is less linear.
Anyway, I played a bit of electric today and then some acoustic. My acoustic guitar is a Lowden. What an amazing instrument George designed. My particular guitar was built in the former Lowden factory but George did do the bracing on it. It is a customized version of the O25 model.
My electric is a frankenstrat that I put together beginning with a Carvin kit. I changed the electronics a bit including a pickup that I wound at a user group day Seymour Duncan.
It all helps to keep me sane and keeps my feet on the ground. You can listen to some of my acoustic playing at Alexis d. Alexis, who is singing, is my daughter and has an amazing voice and a stage presence that is unbelievable.

No comments: